What are Marionette Lines:
Marionette lines, also known as "puppet lines" or "oral commissure lines," are creases that run vertically from the corners of the mouth down to the chin. These lines can deepen with age, making a person appear sad or tired. Marionette lines, the subtle yet ageing creases that extend downward from the corners of the mouth, often contribute to an unintentional sagging or downturned appearance. For those seeking to defy the hands of time without resorting to surgical interventions, the artistry of dermal fillers offers a promising solution. Within this realm, Rebecca Gladman Aesthetics has earned a distinguished reputation for its nuanced approach to treating marionette lines.
Understanding Marionette Lines:
Marionette lines, named after the strings used to manipulate marionette puppets, appear as lines or wrinkles that run from the corners of the mouth to the jawline. These lines can deepen with age due to a combination of factors, including a natural loss of collagen and elastin, repetitive facial expressions, and the effects of gravity.
Rebecca Gladman's Approach:
Precision and Expertise:
Rebecca Gladman is celebrated for her precision and expertise in the administration of dermal fillers. This skill is particularly crucial when addressing marionette lines, as the delicate balance between correcting lines and maintaining natural facial expressions requires an artful touch.
Customised Treatment Plans:
Recognizing that each face is unique, Rebecca Gladman Aesthetics is dedicated to providing personalised and customized treatment plans. During consultations, clients can expect a thorough assessment of their facial anatomy, concerns, and aesthetic goals. This tailored approach ensures that the treatment aligns seamlessly with the individual's facial features.
The hallmark of Rebecca Gladman's approach to marionette lines lies in the pursuit of natural-looking results. Rather than erasing all signs of ageing, the goal is to soften and rejuvenate, allowing individuals to maintain their expressiveness while enjoying a more youthful and lifted appearance.
Emphasis on Client Education:
A cornerstone of Rebecca Gladman's practice is client education. By taking the time to educate clients about the procedure, expected outcomes, and aftercare, she empowers individuals to make informed decisions about their aesthetic journey. This emphasis on transparency fosters a sense of trust and confidence.
Holistic Facial Rejuvenation:
Rebecca Gladman understands the importance of holistic facial rejuvenation. While addressing marionette lines, she considers the overall balance and harmony of the face. This approach ensures that the correction of marionette lines complements other facial features, creating a harmonious and natural result.
After-care for a Dermal filler:
You will be provided with arnica cream, which can be applied immediately to help prevent bruises
Ice Packs: Apply ice packs or cold compresses to the treated area gently for the first 24 hours. 20 minutes at a time. This can help reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Avoid Makeup: Refrain from applying makeup to the treated area for at least 6 hours post-treatment. This minimizes the risk of infection or irritation.
- Avoid Strenuous Activity: For the first 24 to 48 hours, avoid strenuous exercise and activities that may increase blood flow to the treated area. This can help prevent excessive swelling or bruising.
- Gentle Cleansing: When you resume your skincare routine, be gentle when cleansing the treated area for the first few days.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, as this can help your body heal and recover more efficiently.
- Avoid Sun and Heat: Avoid exposure to excessive heat and direct sunlight for the first few days. Heat can exacerbate swelling.
- Pain Relief: If you experience discomfort or pain, you can take over-the-counter pain relievers
- Sleep Position: Sleep with your head slightly elevated for the first few nights after treatment to further reduce swelling.